All you must know about Blackjack!
Blackjack is one of the most popular card games which is played in almost every casino of the world. The rules are quite simple. It is not just a luck by chance game. You need to have a proper strategy.
How to play the game.
1. Objective of the game: The objective of the game is simple. You will have to make sure that the value of your cards is more than the value of the dealer's cards. But the value should not exceed 21. If the value exceeds 21, then you "bust".
2. Value of the Cards: From 2-10 , all the cards will be considered at their normal value. And the value for face cards would be considered as 10. In case of an Ace, you have two options. You can either consider it as 1 or 11, whichever suits you the best. For example, if you have a 8 and an Ace, you can count it as 9 or 19, whichever you prefer.
3. Blackjack Table: The shape of a blackjack table resembles that of a semi circle. When you sit, you will have to purchase chips from the dealer and then place your bets in the betting circle. The game starts when all the bets are placed. Everyone receives 2 cards along with the dealer. In case of the players, both the cards will be dealt face up or face down, depending on the kind of blackjack you are playing. However, in case of the dealer, one of the cards will be face down and the other will be visible to everyone. After this, the dealer will ask everyone about their decision, starting from his left. You will have to create your strategy on the basis of the face up card of the dealer.
Here are some of the technical terms associated with Blackjack:
1.Hitting: It means that you wish to draw another card from the deck. However, it is a risk because the value may exceed 21.
2. Standing: When you are happy with the value of your cards, you will have to signal the dealer that you are willing to stand.
3. Doubling down: It means that you want to double the value of your bets. You get the opportunity to double down only after receiving your first 2 cards.
4. Split: In case the value of both the cards you get is same, you can split and play with two separate hands. The dealer will give you additional cards in case of a split.
5. Insurance: This is like an additional bet. In case the face up card of the dealer is an Ace, you can make a bet that the value of the face down card is 10.
Here are some of the best blackjack strategies which you should know:
1. Never go for Insurance: Insurance may sound tempting, but you should never go for it unless you are counting cards, because the odds are heavily against you.
2. Split two 8: A hand of two 8's is the worst which you can get in blackjack. It adds up to 16 and if you go for a hit, it is highly likely that you will end up getting "bust". Hence, in such a situation, you should definitely " split".
3. Never split two 10's. Two 10's is a pretty good hand. Although your aim is to get 21, but 20 is also a good score. You will lose only if the dealer gets 21, which is unlikely.
4. Double: You should go for double only if the value of your cards is 19 or above. If the value of the first two cards is 19, then it is great. But even if the value of the first two cards is 9 or 10, you can go for double, because it is highly likely that you will reach 19-20 after a hit.
5. Have a betting limit: Before you start playing, make sure to have a fixed betting limit in order to minimize your losses. Once the game starts, many people often get carried away and end up suffering a heavy loss.
Some of the blackjack variants are:
1. Blackjack Switch: Here every player will get two hands. And the best thing is that you can switch a card from one hand to the other.
2. Perfect pairs: In this variant, there is the concept of side bet. You can make bets on getting perfect pairs. The payout depends on the rank of the pair.
3. Blackjack Double Exposure: In this variant, both the cards of the dealer will be visible to you, which is a major advantage.